MedCapsules Forum
where to start - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: where to start (/showthread.php?tid=3041)

where to start - skye - 07-16-2012 06:08 PM

Hi James,

One thing I find on health websites is that there is such a huge amount of information. For a person who is new to learning to heal themselves, what would you suggest that they do first? Do you recommend doing cleanses? It seems that the stomach and colon are a good place to start. If you had to make a general healing plan that would help most people, what would you suggest they do? For me, it would need to be things that are simple, otherwise I won't keep them up in the long run. And it would be better to have a plan of maybe one new thing to do each week.

What I find is that it I tend to try everything at once and then give up because it's too hard.

Some of the things I have done -

--quit coffee.
--fruit juice fasting at least once a year
--take herbs regularly
--avoid eating meals until later in the day
--avoid eating protein and starches together

One of the biggest problems is that I can't find much that's good to eat when I go to the grocery store. I know the purists would say to grow my own food but in my current situation, that's not a possibility.

So ... I do the best I can and wonder why I sometimes feel worse when I take herbs and coconut oil. I think it's because herbs cause detox. Sometimes I feel like the harder I try, the worse I feel.

I wish there was an inexpensive place to go near nature and with sunshine and gardens where people like me could gather together and recuperate for a while and have healthy food and juices prepared for us. There could be health seminars to go to. It seems that even vacations have become stressful, with packing and travel and planning.

I know I'm a dreamer, always have been.

Thank you,

skye

RE: where to start - James - 07-18-2012 03:11 AM

(07-16-2012 06:08 PM)skye Wrote:  Hi James,

One thing I find on health websites is that there is such a huge amount of information. For a person who is new to learning to heal themselves, what would you suggest that they do first? Do you recommend doing cleanses? It seems that the stomach and colon are a good place to start. If you had to make a general healing plan that would help most people, what would you suggest they do? For me, it would need to be things that are simple, otherwise I won't keep them up in the long run. And it would be better to have a plan of maybe one new thing to do each week.

What I find is that it I tend to try everything at once and then give up because it's too hard.

Some of the things I have done -

--quit coffee.
--fruit juice fasting at least once a year
--take herbs regularly
--avoid eating meals until later in the day
--avoid eating protein and starches together

One of the biggest problems is that I can't find much that's good to eat when I go to the grocery store. I know the purists would say to grow my own food but in my current situation, that's not a possibility.

So ... I do the best I can and wonder why I sometimes feel worse when I take herbs and coconut oil. I think it's because herbs cause detox. Sometimes I feel like the harder I try, the worse I feel.

I wish there was an inexpensive place to go near nature and with sunshine and gardens where people like me could gather together and recuperate for a while and have healthy food and juices prepared for us. There could be health seminars to go to. It seems that even vacations have become stressful, with packing and travel and planning.

I know I'm a dreamer, always have been.

Thank you,

skye

There is no real answer to this because there is no single cause of disorders and diseases and there is no single way to address everything.

I know some sites have claimed that toxicity is the basis of all disorders and illnesses, but this is not true. For example, some diseases result from trauma or nutritional deficiencies.

And some things that we consider "toxins" are actually essential to the body such as uric acid. On the other hand things that are essential to the body such as vitamins and minerals can be toxins to the body in excess.

Therefore, things have to be taken on a more case by case basis or at least a disorder/disease basis. For example, magnesium malate or citrate will help with cases of asthma. And cleansing the liver can help with hormone balancing.

Overall though it really helps to know what the person has and/or what symptoms they are dealing with.