MedCapsules Forum
Sensitivites - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Sensitivites (/showthread.php?tid=3234)

Sensitivites - HealthLover - 07-29-2012 09:59 AM

Is there any reason to explain why I am sensitive to herbs and medicines in that I feel their effects much more strongly? I don't get allergic reactions, or additional side effects. I just need a lot less to feel the effects.

I don't know how the receptors on cells work, but someone once suggested that it could have something to do with that. Could my cell receptors be damaged in some way?

Interestingly, my sister is the opposite of me. She always needs more of anything to get the desired effects.

Thank you.

RE: Sensitivites - James - 07-31-2012 02:53 AM

(07-29-2012 09:59 AM)HealthLover Wrote:  Is there any reason to explain why I am sensitive to herbs and medicines in that I feel their effects much more strongly? I don't get allergic reactions, or additional side effects. I just need a lot less to feel the effects.

I don't know how the receptors on cells work, but someone once suggested that it could have something to do with that. Could my cell receptors be damaged in some way?

Interestingly, my sister is the opposite of me. She always needs more of anything to get the desired effects.

Thank you.

There are a number of things that could affect how you respond. For example, how well your digestive system works. Also how the glands are working, which can affect anything from sensitivities to intestinal transit time affecting absorption. Even the herbs themselves or what they are taken with can affect absorption. For example, high saponin herbs increase the absorption of other compounds taken with them as where high tannin or high oxalate herbs can interfere with absorption.