MedCapsules Forum
Hereditary spherocytosis - Printable Version

+- MedCapsules Forum (http://medcapsules.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Lobby (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Ask James (/forumdisplay.php?fid=287)
+--- Thread: Hereditary spherocytosis (/showthread.php?tid=3255)

Hereditary spherocytosis - resonantpick - 07-30-2012 04:08 PM

Hey James,
My cousin has Hereditary spherocytosis, his spleen and gallbladder have been removed. He is currently taking folic acid and 250 mg pencillin capsule. Any recommendations you can make for folic acid, iron and his condition. He used to get really tired/fatigued, but I wondered what you can suggest? He needs to keep and boost his immune system. Thanks..

RE: Hereditary spherocytosis - James - 07-31-2012 04:24 AM

(07-30-2012 04:08 PM)resonantpick Wrote:  Hey James,
My cousin has Hereditary spherocytosis, his spleen and gallbladder have been removed. He is currently taking folic acid and 250 mg pencillin capsule. Any recommendations you can make for folic acid, iron and his condition. He used to get really tired/fatigued, but I wondered what you can suggest? He needs to keep and boost his immune system. Thanks..

Being hereditary there is very little that can be done. I do have a few suggestions though. First is the herb suma. Suma is the highest herbal source of organic germanium (OG). OG stimulates the bone marrow to produce stem cells thus increasing red and white blood cell counts.

As for iron this is tricky since he also has to be careful to not end up with iron overload either. Heme iron from animal sources is better absorbed than plant irons. So it would be best to consume a little red meat with meals. Taking vitamin C with the meal will increase the absorption.

Finally, something else that many help is supplementing with trimethylglycine (TMG), which helps boost the immune system and helps with DNA repair among other effects.