Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Type 1 diabetes in a child.
ObeyTheSloth Offline

Type 1 diabetes in a child.
James,

I've been seeing a 5 yr old child who has type 1 diabetes.

At first, sometime in Feb. or March of this year, his mother told me that he had a very significant response to anti-diabetic herbs. But, this lasted only for a few weeks, and his sugar has been high for a number of months now.

On the plus side, there are no extreme fluctuations. I've also been trying to deal with his immune system, and he no longer gets sick, and no longer requires a steady stream of antibiotics. His sinus infections (which were debilitating) are completely gone. He has more energy and is feeling better overall. His kidney function is finally normal (as indicated by labs), and there are no longer any ketones with concurrent rise in blood sugar.

One week ago exactly, I was doing Quantum Touch on his pancreas for about an hour. When I was finished, his sugar dropped significantly and he did not have to be on his insulin pump for a number of hours. Over the course of the next 6-7 days, his mother told me that his sugar was going lower and lower, he needed significantly less basal insulin than before, and that, overall, it's the best response she's seen in a long time. Now, 7 days later, he needs more insulin again, and I'm seeing him tonight for another Quantum Touch session to get him back in balance.

Currently, he takes 1-2 capsules of cinnamon (of the "verum" variety) 3-4 times per day, your sugar formula (3 capsules, 3 times per day), adrenal tonic (3 capsules, 3 times per day), astragalus (2 capsules, 3 times per day), nettle leaf (3 capsules, 3 times per day), zinc (15 mg, once daily), and another Ayurvedic sugar formula (1 capsule, 3 times per day) that has a number of very good herbs for this purpose. But it seems as if he gets a more dramatic response from QT than the herbs - although, given that he's growing, it's only natural that he is requiring more insulin.

The question, now, is whether the destruction of his beta cells is faster than their regeneration due to the Gymnena sylvestre. I suspect he has an autoimmune disorder, since this all began when he was around 2 yrs old (and not at birth), accompanied by a number of allergies that would indication adrenal immaturity or dysfunction.

If you have any more advice, please share. How likely do you think that, with QT, the continuation of these herbs, minerals, the Gymnena sylvestre, etc., he could completely get off insulin a couple of years in the future? It's hard to track some of this progress given that he is growing.

I don't see the doctors doing anything for him at all. His pediatrician exclaims the blood work is a "miracle" now - which may be true in one sense, but it's clear that the main issue, his high blood sugar, is not really resolved yet, but only somewhat alleviated, with unclear direction for the future.

Thank you,
Alex.
07-07-2012 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: Type 1 diabetes in a child.
(07-07-2012 02:10 PM)ObeyTheSloth Wrote:  James,

I've been seeing a 5 yr old child who has type 1 diabetes.

At first, sometime in Feb. or March of this year, his mother told me that he had a very significant response to anti-diabetic herbs. But, this lasted only for a few weeks, and his sugar has been high for a number of months now.

On the plus side, there are no extreme fluctuations. I've also been trying to deal with his immune system, and he no longer gets sick, and no longer requires a steady stream of antibiotics. His sinus infections (which were debilitating) are completely gone. He has more energy and is feeling better overall. His kidney function is finally normal (as indicated by labs), and there are no longer any ketones with concurrent rise in blood sugar.

One week ago exactly, I was doing Quantum Touch on his pancreas for about an hour. When I was finished, his sugar dropped significantly and he did not have to be on his insulin pump for a number of hours. Over the course of the next 6-7 days, his mother told me that his sugar was going lower and lower, he needed significantly less basal insulin than before, and that, overall, it's the best response she's seen in a long time. Now, 7 days later, he needs more insulin again, and I'm seeing him tonight for another Quantum Touch session to get him back in balance.

That is a great report. I have never tried the Quantum Touch for diabetes. I will have to keep that in mind. One thing though is that some type 1 diabetics have implanted insulin pumps. I don't do Quantum Touch on people with implanted mechanical devices since I am worried about the body trying to reject them. I did the Quantum Touch once on a friend with old screws in his leg from a shattered leg bone and the screws started back up through the skin.

One other therapy that I never recommend with metal or mechanical implants is radio frequency therapy such a Rife units. The resonance can cause the metal to vibrate heating it up.

I set up a section for energy healing:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=437

Where you may want to post your experiences as well.

Currently, he takes 1-2 capsules of cinnamon (of the "verum" variety) 3-4 times per day, your sugar formula (3 capsules, 3 times per day), adrenal tonic (3 capsules, 3 times per day), astragalus (2 capsules, 3 times per day), nettle leaf (3 capsules, 3 times per day), zinc (15 mg, once daily), and another Ayurvedic sugar formula (1 capsule, 3 times per day) that has a number of very good herbs for this purpose. But it seems as if he gets a more dramatic response from QT than the herbs - although, given that he's growing, it's only natural that he is requiring more insulin.

There are a number of factors that can affect this. Even simple things like stress, which increases blood sugar. Stimulants, such as caffeine, and artificial sweeteners such as aspartame (Equal, NutraSweet) and sucralose (Splenda) will also raise blood sugar.

The question, now, is whether the destruction of his beta cells is faster than their regeneration due to the Gymnena sylvestre. I suspect he has an autoimmune disorder, since this all began when he was around 2 yrs old (and not at birth), accompanied by a number of allergies that would indication adrenal immaturity or dysfunction.

The majority of cases of type 1 diabetes are due to autoimmunity, especially in children. This is often due to the child receiving cow's milk at too of an early age. The gut does not completely close off to intact proteins until around the age of two. When very young infants are given cow's milk their immune systems can react to the bovine insulin in the milk leading to antibody formation against the body's own insulin producing islet cells.

If you have any more advice, please share. How likely do you think that, with QT, the continuation of these herbs, minerals, the Gymnena sylvestre, etc., he could completely get off insulin a couple of years in the future? It's hard to track some of this progress given that he is growing.

You really have the bases covered for the most part. Especially work on the adrenals including making sure he stays away from stimulants. And make sure he stays away from artificial sweeteners. Stevia is a safe alternative and can help with diabetes as well.

The one thing I would add though are antivirals. As with most autoimmune disorders type 1 diabetes has been linked to pathogens. In the case of type 1 diabetes in children several viruses are suspected.

It will take time, but the islet cells can be regenerated to where a person can come off of insulin completely in the long run. This is important also since the real severe side effect of diabetes are from insulin damage, not the sugar.

One other thing that you can do since you are doing the Quantum Touch is to run the energy through the water he will be drinking as well. The crystalline structure of the water picks up and holds the energy's resonance. It will actually change the flavor of the water in the same way it alters the flavor of cheap wine making it taste better. Anyway, silica water would be the best, which will also help reduce the risk of insulin damage.

I don't see the doctors doing anything for him at all. His pediatrician exclaims the blood work is a "miracle" now - which may be true in one sense, but it's clear that the main issue, his high blood sugar, is not really resolved yet, but only somewhat alleviated, with unclear direction for the future.

Thank you,
Alex.

You're welcome. Keep us posted with updates.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2012 11:39 PM by James.)
07-07-2012 11:35 PM
ObeyTheSloth Offline

Thanks, James.

Yesterday, the child's blood sugar hovered around 240-260 all day, with only slight reductions with increased basal insulin. (The mother has long suspected there is an issue with insulin delivery, perhaps a malfunction, or "bubbles" that form that she claims prevent the insulin reaching him. I don't know how accurate this is.)

After an hour of Quantum Touch, it promptly reduced to 128, then down to 90. I have not seen any interference with the insulin pump, but I will watch out for this.

Another interesting fact is that the boy is considerably overweight, thus increasing insulin requirements, and although he eats decent food (and a lot of it), for the past week he has been eating less. He is not hungry, either, and is pretty energetic. I wonder if the QT is impacting his hunger so that he will lose weight.

As for the antivirals - I think you're right on this. I can make a quick pau d'arco, andrographis, and chaparral mix. What is a good dosage for a 5 yr old?

I've also been supporting his immune system thru zinc, astragalus, and whatever immune benefits the adrenal tonic confers.

Also, I'm kind of worried about his diet. Like I said, it's decent, but at least once a day, he will have something like white pasta or white bread. Sometimes, he might have sweet things. It is worse that he is overweight, and I wonder of the long-term implications here.

Finally, I am thinking of getting him a biotin supplement (for blood sugar control) as well as a b-complex for further adrenal and nerve support. What is a good biotin dosage and what would be a proper b complex for a child? This b-50 looks decent, but even that might be possibly excessive for a child. The kid b vitamins, however, are full of sugar and/or sorbitol, and probably the last thing he needs is sorbitol. Do you think that b-complex is useable for these purposes?

I shared some of QT my experiences here:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2921

Thanks again,
Alex.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 11:51 AM by ObeyTheSloth.)
07-08-2012 10:28 AM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-08-2012 10:28 AM)ObeyTheSloth Wrote:  Thanks, James.

Yesterday, the child's blood sugar hovered around 240-260 all day, with only slight reductions with increased basal insulin. (The mother has long suspected there is an issue with insulin delivery, perhaps a malfunction, or "bubbles" that form that she claims prevent the insulin reaching him. I don't know how accurate this is.)

After an hour of Quantum Touch, it promptly reduced to 128, then down to 90. I have not seen any interference with the insulin pump, but I will watch out for this.

Another interesting fact is that the boy is considerably overweight, thus increasing insulin requirements,

This is a catch-22. Increased body fat does decrease insulin sensitivity, which in turn can lead to higher insulin requirements. And higher insulin means more body fat production.

and although he eats decent food (and a lot of it), for the past week he has been eating less. He is not hungry, either, and is pretty energetic. I wonder if the QT is impacting his hunger so that he will lose weight.

Increasing insulin sensitivity could be playing a role. If the cells are not getting glucose the body is still "starving" despite the presence of food. Therefore, the body will crave food. As the cells start receiving glucose for fuel again the desire for food would drop.

As for the antivirals - I think you're right on this. I can make a quick pau d'arco, andrographis, and chaparral mix. What is a good dosage for a 5 yr old?

These are safe for a child. I recommend 3 size '0' capsules three times daily at least 20 minutes before meals.

I've also been supporting his immune system thru zinc, astragalus, and whatever immune benefits the adrenal tonic confers.

Also, I'm kind of worried about his diet. Like I said, it's decent, but at least once a day, he will have something like white pasta or white bread. Sometimes, he might have sweet things. It is worse that he is overweight, and I wonder of the long-term implications here.

Some of the herbs you are giving him in the formulas before meals will help. Gymnema sylvestre is a a sugar blocker, while mulberry leaf is a an amylase inhibitor blocking the breakdown and absorption of starches.

Finally, I am thinking of getting him a biotin supplement (for blood sugar control) as well as a b-complex for further adrenal and nerve support. What is a good biotin dosage and what would be a proper b complex for a child? This b-50 looks decent, but even that might be possibly excessive for a child. The kid b vitamins, however, are full of sugar and/or sorbitol, and probably the last thing he needs is sorbitol. Do you think that b-complex is useable for these purposes?

B vitamins are best taken together so he can get the biotin as well as the other B vitamins from a B complex. A B50 is high, even for an adult. The body cannot utilize that much of the complex, which is why it turns the urine bright yellow. What the body cannot utilize gets urinated out. If you can get a B50 tablet I recommend cutting it in half an giving him half a tablet twice daily.

I shared some of QT my experiences here:

http://medcapsules.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2921

Thanks.

Thanks again,
Alex.

You're welcome.

07-08-2012 08:11 PM
ObeyTheSloth Offline

Hi James,

An update:

For the past week and a half or so, the child's sugar has been very high. His basal insulin is between 0.625 and 0.675, and although there are days when it's completely normal, there have been some very severe swings. For example, today it hovered in the low 300s; at other days, it reached past 400, and other times, in the mid-200s. Some days, it's completely normal without any need for insulin.

What is causing such huge changes? Is it possible the insulin itself is for whatever reason not working? He has been taking vitamins and formulas strictly for a number of months now without interruption.

Have you ever seen such sugar "attacks"?

Thank you,
Alex.
07-21-2012 03:52 PM
James Offline
Administrator

(07-21-2012 03:52 PM)ObeyTheSloth Wrote:  Hi James,

An update:

For the past week and a half or so, the child's sugar has been very high. His basal insulin is between 0.625 and 0.675, and although there are days when it's completely normal, there have been some very severe swings. For example, today it hovered in the low 300s; at other days, it reached past 400, and other times, in the mid-200s. Some days, it's completely normal without any need for insulin.

What is causing such huge changes? Is it possible the insulin itself is for whatever reason not working? He has been taking vitamins and formulas strictly for a number of months now without interruption.

Have you ever seen such sugar "attacks"?

Thank you,
Alex.

Yes, this really is not that uncommon. Of course what someone eats can alter blood sugar levels. And what a person eats can also affect how fast blood sugar can rise. Having more fiber with meals will slow glucose absorption.

One of the biggest overlooked factors though is stress, which includes pain as well. Stress elevates cortisol, which in turn will release stored glycogen from the liver increasing blood sugar.

There are other factors that also affect blood sugar such a hormones including steroids, so it is not all diet related.

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012 11:46 PM by James.)
07-23-2012 11:40 PM