Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What causes lips to get smaller?
Whitey Offline

What causes lips to get smaller?
Hi,

I once had full lips that looked good but for some reason I now have small lips. Is there anything I can do to get my full lips back?
07-16-2012 03:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
James Offline
Administrator

RE: What causes lips to get smaller?
(07-16-2012 03:37 PM)Whitey Wrote:  Hi,

I once had full lips that looked good but for some reason I now have small lips. Is there anything I can do to get my full lips back?

As we age we can lose collagen in our tissues primarily from the decline in stomach acid that interferes with silica absorption.

Other factors that can contribute to collagen loss include the use of stimulants like caffeine and nicotine, stress, steroidal medications, etc.

There are herbs that can provide nutrients needed for collagen formation such as nettle leaf and rosehips and herbs that stimulate collagen formation such as gotu kola and boneset (Eupatorium).

Another option is to apply an estrogenic oil, such as geranium essential oil to the lips to help plump them up. If your skin is sensitive it would be a good idea to dilute the essential oil with a small amount of avocado or olive oil.

But you also need to look at what problems may be causing the collagen loss in the first place so the cause can be addressed as well.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
07-18-2012 02:13 AM
Whitey Offline

RE: What causes lips to get smaller?
Very interesting. Thank you.
07-19-2012 01:04 PM