Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ADHD
lilus77 Offline

ADHD
Hi James,
My 5 years old daughter was diagnosed with adhd. Actually she is not really hyperactive but definitely she has problem with attention and she has speech problems as well. She sees speech therapist twice a week for that. She is aggressive too toward other kids.
I was wondering if you have any suggestion for how to improve her attention and focus?
Will ashwagandha help her aggressive behavior? She gets in a lot of trouble in school.
09-04-2012 03:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lilus77 Offline

ADHD
I forgot to mention that I didn't breast feed her. She was diagnosed with failure to thrive. She was 3 pounds at birth and she didn’t gain a lot of weight until we started giving her extra calorie through G tube. Now she is in the normal weight and tall range but her head still small. Her appetite is good too.
09-04-2012 06:54 PM
James Offline
Administrator

RE: ADHD
(09-04-2012 03:07 PM)lilus77 Wrote:  Hi James,
My 5 years old daughter was diagnosed with adhd. Actually she is not really hyperactive but definitely she has problem with attention and she has speech problems as well. She sees speech therapist twice a week for that. She is aggressive too toward other kids.
I was wondering if you have any suggestion for how to improve her attention and focus?
Will ashwagandha help her aggressive behavior? She gets in a lot of trouble in school.

Sounds like she my be simply acting out for attention or possibly in response to being teased.

Ashwagandha and glycine are both excellent for calming. But the counselors should be talking with her to find out why she is acting out rather than just slapping her with an ADHD label.

http://www.MountainMistBotanicals.com
10-27-2012 10:42 PM